Mixing refers to the mixture of multi-track audio recordings.
This includes among others:
- Adjustment of the volume balance,
- Arrangement of the instruments in the Panorama,
- Reduction of the dynamic by use of compressors and limiters,
- Filltering unwanted frequencies and the arrangement of the frequency spectrum,
- Emphasing sonorous frequencies of individual instruments,
- Processing the audio signal with effects, such as, reverb, delay, chorus, etc.
Mastering or better pre-mastering is the last production step, before the release of audio files.
During mastering the audio signal will be cleaned of errors and thus increases the quality. The overall loudness will be matched song to song and corrected. Also several adjustments will be made so that the files can be played on all audio systems without distorting the final product.
Mastering includes the following steps:
- Error correction (Removing noise, crackling, humming etc)
- Conversion into different formats.
- Inclusion of marks for playback on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.
- Adaptation of individual titles to create an album or a compilation,
- Reducing the dynamic range to ensure a loud, clear playback.
- Integration of copy protection systems,
You can upload your files either directly to our Server via FTP or send us a storage device (CD/DVD/BluRay/USB-Stick/) .
Your data is transferred encrypted and password protected. Your data will not be distributed to third parties and deleted after processing by the server.
Broadcast Wave Format (bwf) preferred.
But we also accept following audio file formats:
It applies the following principle:
The higher the sample rate the finer the resolution of the audio material and the higher the bit rate the greater the dynamic range.
However, the files should be converted in no circumstances in a different bit or sample rate than the recording.
The conversion to higher sample rates and bit rates than the actual recording is not only superfluous but rather possibly can also have a negative impact.